There are a lot of things to consider when running or even starting a business. When seeking an adviser, they normally explain the things you’ll need to start a business. Some of which include:
- Write a business plan
- Get business assistance and training
- Choose a business location
- Finance your business
- Determine the legal structure of your business
- Register a business name
- Get a tax identification number
- Register for state and local taxes
- Obtain business licences and permits
- Understand employer responsibilities
These are the stuff you need to consider when starting a business. For other countries, business regulations may vary. However, what this list doesn’t entail is how to continue a business and make it successful.
- How will people know about your business?
- When there’s a new update about your firm, how is anybody going to pay attention?
- A special event? Who are you going to tell and how?
It’s not merely enough to have a business, you have to sustain it also. To sustain and nurture something means it’s of importance to you just like the difference between “I like you” and “I love you”. When you LIKE a flower you just pluck it, but when you LOVE a flower you water it daily.
If you could know the secret between a business and a conglomerate, wouldn’t you want to know?
The difference between today’s 100 followers and tomorrow’s possible 250 customers is…
There are over 52 marketing strategies, some include:
- Cause Marketing
- Close Range Marketing (CRM)
- Relationship Marketing
- Scarcity Marketing
- Word of Mouth Marketing
And much more.
But the most effective form of marketing and probably the cheapest (other than word of mouth marketing) is social or internet marketing.
Social or internet marketing is a form of ‘spreading the word’ through the use of social media and the internet. This form of distribution of news proves very efficient as most people nowadays are internet savvy and even the average teenage girl or stay-at-home-mum has a Facebook account.
You want to know what everyone is talking about? Check social media! You are definitely going to find it out all on there. Everything starts and ends with the media.
But it’s not merely enough to market on social media, there’s a way to do it. There’s more to saying you’re on social media and using it than just having an account.
Here’s a few tips on how to be social media famous…
- Literally live, breathe, eat and sleep social media! – Whether it’s Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest; in order to be famous on any one of these, you have to constantly be present and always active.
- You have to be able to interact with others – It’s not enough to post constant updates. If you want people to show attention and appreciation to what you’re saying, you have to do the same for them.
- Keep up to date with the times! – find out what everyone’s speaking or talking about. What’s the trends on Twitter? What are the most popular posts on Facebook? It’s also very important to constantly watch the news. It’s most likely that whatever is happening on social media, the news heard it first!
- Always POST! – if it’s Twitter, no matter what it is; just say something because whatever it is, someone will see it and it will matter to them specifically, even if it doesn’t for someone else. If it’s Facebook, say something that reflects your business. If it’s LinkedIn create a profile specifically for your business, express yourself in the light that you want your business to be seen in.
- For example: if your business is about healthcare, post thoughts about this topic and surrounding ones. Likewise if your business is about weight loss.
- RESEARCH – there’s always more information you can find out on how to be socially successful. There’s social marketing aspects such as SEO, backlinks, RSS, AdWords that you have to take into consideration in order to use social media for your business to its full potential. Research things like:
- How to start a business blog
- Business blog ideas
- Tips on what to write
- How to create a successful blog
- Create an RSS feed – this is something I recently discovered as I wanted to know the answer to this specific question: “why does it seem like Twitter doesn’t sleep?” and so I did my research. RSS allows you to copy a feed that matches a specific topic and keyword. This then connects to your social media platforms and posts for you. So you could be sleeping (literally) and still post to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Cool, right? Every business needs this! Twitterfeed is a website that allows you to create and manage multiple RSS feeds for different social accounts.
- If you need any help on how to use it; please view this video (it’s the one I used and it’s very easy to follow and understand)
And so on.
Have you ever wondered which social media platforms to be on as a business?
I personally think these are appropriate for a business:
All in all, choose social media to market your business. Use it to tell your customers you’re updating your website or to discuss promotional material and products that you are selling for a limited amount of time or even to spread the news about the next business conference or event you will be attending.