Community ImpactImpacting since 1992
Who does this Service target affect?
- Older people and vulnerable adults
- people with physical disabilities
- People with mental health needs
- People with learning disabilities
- Asylum seekers
- Black Caribbean communities
- Asian communities
- Minority groups
When did this take place?
The is service started in 1996
Why was there a need ?
- The need was birthed from the changing demographics in the London Borough Croydon this required a new flexible strategy , that worked in partnership with the public and private sector, and was flexible enough to deliver a tailor made, person centred holistic service.
- This case study reflects the need of Mrs Red*, a widower with no children no family, her health was rapidly deteriorating and she was in need of a holistic care, including domestic and personal care service.
What was the rational for the methodology ?
PJs Community Service was able to meet Mrs Red’s* care needs by providing an around the clock service 365 days a year, when Mrs Red* first engaged with the service her daily diet consisted of low nutritional microwave meals. The initial assessment & the care plan included daily mobility, appropriate exercise, nutritional meals and as well as an overall improvement in living standards.
Where did this take place?
London borough of Croydon.
What was the impact of this Service?
Mrs Red’s* health took a rapid turn for the better, after 10 years we were informed by her medical team that in 1998 doctors have given her a life expectancy of 3months.